If your business operation is highly dependent on your printers, then perhaps it’s time to arrange for Xerox managed print services (MPS). Having a managed fleet of printers and copiers in your office can reduce your operating costs in so many ways, ultimately improving your bottom line.
Take note, however, that not every business operation may fully benefit from an MPS, as it generally depends on how big your operations are and how dependent your business is on document printing, copying, and handling. To ensure making the most of a fleet of printers/copiers in your establishment, talk to us here at OneDOC, a specialist on managed print services Oklahoma Xerox printers (MPSOK Xerox printers).
How Xerox MPS Can Reduce Costs
Here are the many ways Xerox MPS can help lower your business costs:
- More efficient employees
With a Xerox MPS in your office, your employees can truly focus on what they’re paid to do. No more wasted time trying to figure out how to install the printers and copier or how to fix a malfunctioning or damaged machine. There will be an expert technical team that’s ready to provide maintenance and repair on your printers.
- Reduces training costs
Since the managed print services company will handle the maintenance and repair requirements of your machines, your IT team will have more time and resources to handle the more important technical needs of your operations.
- Minimize paper waste
An MPSOK Xerox printers specialist can help you lower paper consumption, and thus, reduce supplies procurement costs, by recommending machines that allow convenient two-sided printing as well as those that come with digital document handling capabilities and cloud storage solutions.
- Greater savings on printer supplies and components
Having Xerox managed print services means that the machines in your managed fleet use the same type of toner, ink, and other print supplies, and thus, it saves your procurement team both time and money to shop around for these supplies compared to having different printer models and brands in each department in your office.
- Allows usage monitoring to establish more cost-saving policies
Xerox printers, copiers, and multifunctional units are equipped with capabilities to monitor your employee’s usage habits. This allows you to analyze and create office policies that will encourage responsible printing to further reduce operational costs.
How Employees Can Reduce Printing Costs
Having a Xerox MPS in your office is just half the battle to reduce business costs. Every employee should also practice the following habits to further save on print-related costs:
- Print only what’s needed.
- Preview and edit before printing.
- Opt for black-and-white printing as much as possible because colored ink cartridges generally cost as much as eight times more than the black ones.
- Print two or more pages on one sheet, if possible. Some Xerox models allow for duplex or back-to-back printing.
- Use narrow page margins. Reducing the margins on Microsoft Word to 0.75″ from the standard 1.25″ can help lower your company’s paper consumption by 4.75%.
- Use ink-saving fonts. Yes, there are textual fonts that are economical such as the common Times New Roman and Century Gothic.
- Digitize your documents, if possible. This means that instead of printing your document out, you save it as a PDF file. Also, instead of making hard copies for filing purposes, you can scan the document. Another example is sending the document to your coworkers via email instead of printing it out and giving the hard copies to them.
Fostering Mindful Printing Habits in the Entire Office
The costs of businesses with Xerox MPS can be further reduced if a culture of responsible printing is encouraged in the entire organization. Below are some ideas to do that:
- Encourage all employees to help reduce costs by practicing the printing habits mentioned in the previous section. This can be put into a memo sent via email or delivered on any digital platform.
- Create a written policy clearly stating what should and shouldn’t be printed.
- Conduct a green campaign within the organization. Depending on your company’s vision-mission, your campaign’s focus could be cost management, energy conservation, or environmental sustainability while explaining to your employees why print volume reduction is important.
Bear in mind that every little cost-saving effort can build up to provide a massive positive impact on the company’s bottom line.
Get in touch with us here at OneDOC today to discuss your options for having managed print services for your business.